As of May 1st, 2022, TEBO Group will begin composting organic waste.
We are excited to launch this new program that will help us divert more waste from the landfill, and to do our part to reduce our impact on the local community. Disposing of food waste with garbage is already banned in many communities. By separating organics from non-organics, the environmental impact of the waste is lowered.
The waste diversion program is straightforward – and it will require a few small changes in our daily habits. Correct disposal of our separated waste has been organized by the supply chain team, who were able to ensure savings of $10,500 per year by renegotiating our waste removal contracts.
Please make an extra effort to recycle the following items commonly found in our office:
- Refundable containers (beverage cans and bottles)
- Plastic containers marked #1 – #7 (no plastic bags or Styrofoam)
- Organic waste
- This includes soiled paper (paper towels, coffee filters, and paper packaging) and food scraps
- Do not dispose of any plastics in the organic waste container, even if they say they are compostable.
- Dead batteries (to be put into the container on the shelf in the plotter room)
- Light bulbs (to be put into the container on the shelf in the plotter room)
Keep in mind that the most important element is to first reduce the amount of waste we generate!