Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. is a major manufacturer of steel structures used in industrial and commercial construction. Over the history of our company, we have demonstrated stewardship towards the natural environment, our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to conducting our business in an environmentally responsible manner, supporting the long-term health of the planet, the success of our customers, and everyone in the communities where we do business. Our environmental sustainability strategy aims to drive climate action throughout our value chain, use resources efficiently, support the circular economy, promote diversity and inclusion, source responsibly and ethically, and practise strict product stewardship.
Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. ensures that all people within its community are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
THE FRASERVIEW FABRICATION AND MACHINING INC.IS ACCOUNTABLE TO AND RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. acknowledges its responsibility to act sustainably across all of its functions and recognizes its role as an exemplar in sustainable practices.
Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. is committed to managing its activities and estates to promote environmental sustainability, conserve and enhance natural resources, prevent environmental pollution and bring about a continual improvement in its environmental performance.
This policy outlines the measures that the group will take to embed sustainability into all group functions, identifies methods of delivery and ways of communicating the policy to staff to make them aware of and support best practice procedures.
POLICY AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. aims to:
- be considered an example of good practice for the delivery of sustainability in the education sector.
- strive to exceed all the environmental legislation and regulations relating to its activities.
- promote sustainability to all stakeholders, including staff, suppliers and visitors.
- achieve measurable reductions in the Carbon Emissions within its members’ estates.
“Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development
This policy applies to all employees, permanent or temporary, of Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. and includes any agency, or visiting professionals employed to provide services on their behalf.
The Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. will deliver the aims and objectives of the policy through the following key areas:
Environmental and Sustainability Management:
- Develop and review sustainability targets against appropriate benchmarks.
- Monitor energy consumption against past performance.
- Communicate and promote environmental and sustainability procedures, regulations and initiatives at staff inductions and training sessions.
- Encourage and facilitate feedback and suggestions from stakeholders to improve good practice and communicate via operational groups and team meetings across the Group member organizations.
- Exchange best practice with industry experts, local authorities, higher education institutions, partners and other organizations.
- Integrate environmental and sustainability principles into the Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. operational procedures and decision-making process.
- Encourage inclusion of environmental and sustainability issues in curriculum delivery.
- Actively promote sustainable operations with staff and amongst its partners and suppliers.
- Work towards achieving Carbon Trust Accreditation.
- Develop a Carbon Management Plan setting clear targets for carbon reduction, identify initiatives to achieve the target and key stakeholders responsible for delivery.
- Implement working practices to ensure the efficient use of energy at all Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. sites.
- Incorporate low carbon technology and renewable energy systems in building projects and equipment procurement.
- Improve the energy efficiency of existing buildings.
Estates and Facilities:
- Enhance biodiversity within the Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. sites where possible.
- Manage noise pollution to ensure minimal impact on neighbors and the natural environment.
- Minimize waste and reduce consumption through efficient operational use of assets.
- Minimize the environmental impact of waste through appropriate re-use and recycling.
- Measure and monitor waste.
- Segregate waste to achieve zero waste to landfill.
- Develop working practices to reduce waste and prevent pollution.
- Manage clean, ground and wastewater efficiently including recovery and recycling opportunities.
- Encourage sustainable procurement, encouraging where practical the use of products, services and suppliers which cause least harm to the environment.
- Maintain and develop central and group procurement plans to ensure economic and sustainable purchasing.
- Promote a lifecycle approach to the procurement of goods and services
Transport and travel:
- Minimize carbon emissions through effective energy and transport management.
- Encourage sustainable transport practices across all activities as outlined in the Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc. Travel Plan.
- Encourage the use of public transport, walking, cycling and vehicle sharing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
This policy and procedure have been assessed against the nine protected characteristics outlined in the Equality Act 2010 and no apparent disadvantage to equal opportunities has been determined.
Fraserview Fabrication and Machining Inc.